Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well New York City really has it all

Did you know this is what Joey Ramone is singing in Shena is a Punk Rocker? He must mumble the lyrics because it wasn't until I heard Rancid doing the cover yesterday that I learned this. I was digging through our million CDs on Friday night to get some new music for the iPod. I ripped the Ramones tribute record Susie had picked up a few years back (when it came out). I appreciate that Kiss, Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie were all influenced by the Ramones, but why did they end up on this record? The only two redeeming covers were by Rancid and Tom Waits.

It had been a few months since I hung out in the East Village, but I heard the call of cheap wine, new glasses and ramen. You can't call yourself a real New Yorker until you've had to deal with an f'ed up L on a weekend.

Side of egg w/ ramen.


New glasses


The 3rd ave L stop was closed so I decided to walk down my old street (13th btwn 2nd and 3rd) to get to the 1st ave stop. There are 2 major construction projects with a third one scheduled. Weird to see a block that was unchanged for the 3 years I lived there to look so different just 5 months later.

A new condo? building going in where there used to be a random parking lot.


This building (two doors down from my old building) was totally vacated and sealed up.



I won't recognize this street/neighborhood in 5 years.

No comments: