Monday, September 05, 2005

Alex Chilton has been found

Not to marginalize this tragedy, it just seems the Big Star leader's whereabouts have been the talk of many a blog. Thought I'd post this to get it out there and indexed.

Alex Chilton has been found

To that point, I live in NYC and have been in Austin all weekend. My 5 or so LA. friends' families are all ok (thank GOD!). My family in Houston sent food to the Astrodome. My sister worked at the Dome all weekend.

I was lucky enough to go to Nawlins (as I call it) 3 times in 1999. It really is one of the best places in the world, and this hurricane breaks my fucking heart. Fuck.

I've asked what I can really do to those I know who are doing. I've been told to give dough. Luckily, I work for a huge corp that is matching employee funds and I gave what I could.

God bless those who have lost everything.

No comments: