Saturday, April 14, 2007

On the irony of bird shit...

New York is kind of springy today, ahead of a 'noreaster' thats set to hit tonight and throw us back into the arms of winter.
This morning, after brunch, I picked up the book I've been reading called Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins and sat outside on my patio. People in my building have been throwing bird seed onto my patio, so of course there is some fresh bird doo I was trying to avoid while sitting there reading.

I was reading the part where the protagonist explains how you can make a bomb using bird poo, so I'm like great - its all around me.

I decided I would like an iced coffee and would like to continue reading in Union Square park, so I moved the day's activities there. Away from the bird shit on my patio.

The park was full of people celebrating spring, and I settled on a bench with my iced coffee to continue reading.

And that's when what I had been trying to avoid hit me. Yes, a bird shat right on me.

bird